Welcome to Delta County School District’s Website. Delta County School District is committed to providing a quality education to all students. Our staff provides a caring and compassionate environment as well as a rigorous and challenging curriculum. Communication between parents, communities and school is very important as we involve all stakeholders in the education of our students. The Delta County School District website is designed to assist in informing people about our School District. The school calendar, District policies, vision, sports schedules and many other items can be found from this web site or each individual schools’ website.
It is an honor to serve the many communities in Delta County as the District Superintendent. The support and enthusiasm I witness each day is tremendous. We appreciate the Delta County School District students, staff and community for creating a positive learning environment. The District continues to strive for academic excellence and fiscal responsibility. Our schools are performing well through student growth and achievement. We look forward to meeting the needs of all learners, to ensure that every student reaches his or her full potential, and to prepare our graduates to have options in college and/or enter the workforce or the military.
The recognitions and achievements of our schools are many and are the result of Board and administrator leadership, teacher/staff and student dedication, community support and parent involvement.
District Motto: Caring, Challenging, Learning . . . Every Student, Every Day!
The Delta County School District provides a safe and caring environment for all students and staff, meaningful opportunities and innovative educational programs that challenge all students so that they will continue learning as they enter the workforce, begin a career, attend college, or other postsecondary education opportunities of their choice.
Fun Facts about our School District:
- District Covers 1157 square miles.
- Our District has a five-member Board of Directors.
- We deliver quality instruction to 4700 students each day!
- We have a $48 million dollar annual budget.
- We have 600 contracted employees.
- We have 26 instructional sites:
- 4 High Schools
- 3 Middle Schools
- 5 Elementary Schools
- 1 K-8 School
- 3 K-12 School
- 4 Early Childhood centers
- 1 Online Blended Learning Academy
- 3 Alternative High School sites
- 1 Back-Pack Program
- Technical College of the Rockies
- We have District Office support for:
- Administration offices
- Special Services
- Food Service
- During the 2015-2016 school year, our District served:
- 180,708 Students for breakfast
- 357,815 Students for lunch
- We have 46 Bus routes that travel 2200 miles a day.
- In 2015-2016 our buses traveled 481,859 miles
- Board of Education Principal/Board Shareouts/Board Meeting - Download the flyer here.
- Board of Education Principal / Board Work Session - Download the flyer here.
- Board of Education Executive Session - October 12, 2017 Download the flyer here.
- Board of Education Executive Session - September 29, 2017 - Download the flyer here.
- Board Work Session - September 15, 2017 - Download the flyer here.
For more events, please see our school calendar here.
For our Professional Development calendar, please go here.
Christmas BreakNo school December 20th - January 3rd
District/Building Inservice DayNo school for students
Board Work Session@ District Office - 7:00am
Nonviolent Crisis Intervention - Refresher TrainingDelta Performing Arts Ctr, Upper Community Room
7:45am - 10:45am
12:00pm - 3:00pm
Regular School Board MeetingGarnet Mesa Elementary School
Policy Review @ 6:00p.m.
Regular Meeting @ 7:00p.m.
Nonviolent Crisis Intervention - Initial TrainingDelta Montrose Technical College, Enterprise Room
7:45am - 3:45pm
Board Work Session@ District Office - 7:00 a.m.
Elementary P/T Conferences
We offer medical dental, and behavioral health to all youth aged 0-21 in Delta County. We accept most major insurances including Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid) as well as offer a sliding scale discount application to uninsured families.
For more information, see the Kidz Clinic.
For more information on DCSD's Gifted & Talented program please visit the Gifted & Talented website.
|Posted: Oct 27, 2017||Posted: Oct 27, 2017|
|Posted: Oct 23, 2017||Posted: Sep 11, 2017|
|Posted: Sep 07, 2017||Posted: Sep 07, 2017|
|Posted: Sep 01, 2017||Posted: Aug 02, 2017|