Welcome to Delta County School District’s Website. Delta County School District is committed to providing a quality education to all students. Our staff provides a caring and compassionate environment as well as a rigorous and challenging curriculum. Communication between parents, communities and school is very important as we involve all stakeholders in the education of our students. The Delta County School District website is designed to assist in informing people about our School District. The school calendar, District policies, vision, sports schedules and many other items can be found from this web site or each individual schools’ website.
It is an honor to serve the many communities in Delta County as the District Superintendent. The support and enthusiasm I witness each day is tremendous. We appreciate the Delta County School District students, staff and community for creating a positive learning environment. The District continues to strive for academic excellence and fiscal responsibility. Our schools are performing well through student growth and achievement. We look forward to meeting the needs of all learners, to ensure that every student reaches his or her full potential, and to prepare our graduates to have options in college and/or enter the workforce or the military.
The recognitions and achievements of our schools are many and are the result of Board and administrator leadership, teacher/staff and student dedication, community support and parent involvement.
District Motto: Caring, Challenging, Learning . . . Every Student, Every Day!
The Delta County School District provides a safe and caring environment for all students and staff, meaningful opportunities and innovative educational programs that challenge all students so that they will continue learning as they enter the workforce, begin a career, attend college, or other postsecondary education opportunities of their choice.
Fun Facts about our School District:
- District Covers 1157 square miles.
- Our District has a five-member Board of Directors.
- We deliver quality instruction to 4700 students each day!
- We have a $48 million dollar annual budget.
- We have 600 contracted employees.
- We have 26 instructional sites:
- 4 High Schools
- 3 Middle Schools
- 5 Elementary Schools
- 1 K-8 School
- 3 K-12 School
- 4 Early Childhood centers
- 1 Online Blended Learning Academy
- 3 Alternative High School sites
- 1 Back-Pack Program
- Technical College of the Rockies
- We have District Office support for:
- Administration offices
- Special Services
- Food Service
- During the 2015-2016 school year, our District served:
- 180,708 Students for breakfast
- 357,815 Students for lunch
- We have 46 Bus routes that travel 2200 miles a day.
- In 2015-2016 our buses traveled 481,859 miles
- Board Executive & Work Session - October 30, 2018 - Download the flyer here.
- Board Meeting - November 15, 2018 - Download the flyer here.
- Board Work Session - October 12th - (Canceled) - Download the flyer here.
- Board Meeting - October 16, 2018 - Download the flyer here.
- Board Event - Delta County Legislative School Visit - Download the flyer here.
For more events, please see our school calendar here.
For our Professional Development calendar, please go here.
Thanksgiving BreakNo school November 21st - 23rd
Board Work Session &: Policy ReviewDistrict Office
Work Session 7:00 a.m.
Policy Review 10:00 a.m.
Regular School Board MeetingDistrict Office
Regular Meeting @ 6:00 p.m.
CASB Annual ConferenceDecember 6th - 8th
Christmas BreakNo school December 24th - January 7th
Board Work Session & Policy ReviewDistrict Office
Work Session 7 :00 a.m.
Policy Review 10:00 a.m.
We offer medical dental, and behavioral health to all youth aged 0-21 in Delta County. We accept most major insurances including Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid) as well as offer a sliding scale discount application to uninsured families.
For more information, see the Kidz Clinic.
For more information on DCSD's Gifted & Talented program please visit the Gifted & Talented website.
|Posted: Nov 12, 2018||Posted: Nov 06, 2018|
|Posted: Nov 02, 2018||Posted: Oct 31, 2018|
|Posted: Oct 26, 2018||Posted: Oct 19, 2018|
|Posted: Oct 05, 2018||Posted: Oct 05, 2018|